Useful information when renting a gite in Loire-Atlantique
We are delighted that you have chosen our area for your next holiday. Here is some useful information which it is handy to know before you arrive :
Pricing bands 2013 :
- Band A low season : from 05/01 to 12/04 - from 28/09 to 25/10 - from 09/11 to 20/12
- Band B mid season : from 11/05 to 28/06 - from 31/08 to 27/09 - from 26/10 to 08/11 - from 21/12 to 27/12
- Band C French school holidays : from 13/04 to 10/05 - from 29/06 to 05/07 - from 28/12 to 03/01/2014
- Band D high season : from 06/07 to 19/07 - from 24/08 to 30/08
- Band E peak season : from 20/07 to 23/08
Arrival and security deposit payment :
When you arrive and leave your gite, the owner or his/her agent, will carry out an inventory with you. All damage and breakages must be paid for.
The owner has the right to ask you to pay a security deposit when you arrive. The maximum amount is as follows:
– 150€ (gite for 7 people or less)
– 300€ (gite for more than 7 people)
– 80€ per pet (pets can only be brought with the owner's prior agreement)
An extra deposit may be payable if the gite is equipped with a mobile phone (see the description sheet which is sent with the rental agreement).
Additional charges :
Water and gas are included in the rental except where specified.
Electricity: The owner will read the electricity meter with you at the beginning and end of your stay. A daily allowance of 8kWh is included in the rental. Electricity used in excess of the daily allowance is payable at the current peak-rate and off-peak rates.
Heating charges are not included in the rental, except where specified. If there is no meter for oil-fired or gas-fired heating, the daily charge, based on the size of the gite, is as follows:
Gites to sleep 2/3 people (1 bedroom): 7€ per day
Gites to sleep 3/4 people (2 bedrooms): 9€ per day
Gites to sleep 5/6 people: 11€ per day
Gites to sleep 7/8 people: 13€ per day
Gites to sleep 9 people or more: 15€ per day
Firewood: please ask the owner for the exact price. The first fire-load is usually free and thereafter a maximum charge of 60€ per cubic metre can be made.
Local tourist tax (la taxe de séjour) : Some local authorities charge a local tourist tax. For precise details (who pays, how much, exemptions, etc) please contact the owner.
Other services and additional charges:
– End-of-stay cleaning: You must clean the gite before you leave, unless you have asked and paid for it to be done for you. The owner or his/her agent will check the general condition of the gite and, in particular, mattresses and bedding, bathroom facilities and kitchen equipment. If the property is judged not to be up to the required standard, the following cleaning charge is payable:
Gite area < ou = 75m², end-of-stay cleaning charge = 60 € / gite area 75 m²<150 m², end-of-stay cleaning charge = 75 € / gite area > 75 m², end-of-stay cleaning charge = 95 €
– Bedding: blankets or duvets are provided, but you must bring bed linen and towels. However, some owners offer bed linen, towel and household linen rental subject to the following charge:
Bed linen: 5€ per person
Towels: 7€ for 2 bath towels & 2 hand towels
Household linen: 7€ for table linen and tea towels (quantity depends on size of gite).
It is now possible to pre-book bed linen and end-of-stay cleaning through the Reservation Service when you book your gite.
Your rental agreement in detail :
- Number of people: the agreement specifies a precise number of people. If this number is exceeded either on arrival or during the stay, the owner has the right to refuse the additional people, cancel the rental agreement or ask for a supplementary charge.
- Prices: the prices shown in each description sheet are the rental for one week (from 4pm Saturday to 10am Saturday) or a weekend (during term-time). Many gites offer short breaks and alternative arrival days during term-time. During French school holidays, short stays and weekend breaks are made available 1 or 2 weeks before the arrival date. (During high and peak-season, weekend prices are increased by 20%).
- Booking fees: a booking fee of 20 € is payable for each rental agreement (10€ for weekend or short stays). You may be charged a higher booking fee if you book via a different website other than www.gites-de-france-44.fr.
- Terms and conditions: cancellation by the customer/owner and early departure
- Optional cancellation insurance is offered to each customer at the time of booking at a cost of 3% of the property rental. Where a booking is cancelled for a valid reason (illness, accident, etc) before the arrival date, the customer can claim a refund of money already paid, subject to official proof of the reason for cancellation. For more detailed information about the cancellation insurance offered by Groupama, please click on insurance cover summary and terms and conditions.
- Holiday insurance : please make sure that you are correctly insured against any damage to the gite which you may be responsible for.
- For rentals booked through our Reservation Service, all payment methods are accepted !
• Cheque (in Euros)
• Credit / debit card This is the ideal way to pay for an online booking and is essential for last-minute bookings.
• Bank transfer
For properties rented directly from the owner, payment can be made by cheque (in Euros) or by bank transfer. Some owners take credit/debit cards (this will be indicated in the property description). In all cases, we always recommend that you ask the owner for a rental agreement and read it carefully.
- Complaints procedure
Complaints must be addressed in writing to Gites de France de Loire-Atlantique within 3 days (proof of postmark) of your arrival at the property. We will only act upon complaints where there is a Gites de France rental agreement in place. If the problem persists, the matter will be referred to the National Federation of Gites de France who will make every effort to resolve the situation amicably.
It is possible that errors may occur in pricing and property information, so only the information specified in the rental agreement and its accompanying property description sheet will be taken into account when dealing with complaints.
Further details about gites:
- Gites rented via holiday firms: some properties on our list are block-booked by holiday companies for certain times of the year. In the case of non-rental by these companies, the properties and dates concerned are returned to our Reservation Service, who offer them for rental.
- Furnished holiday-lets: the gites featured in our listings are designated as furnished holiday-lets under the terms of an amendment to the ruling passed on 28/12/1976.
We look forward to welcoming you as a guest in one of our gites,
Gites de France en Loire-Atlantique
9 rue Alessandro Volta - Bâtiment F6 - 44481 CARQUEFOU Cedex
Tel: (33) 251 729 565 Fax: (33) 240 351 705
Phone lines are open Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm.